Several issues were fixed by the 3.0.1 release:
- CPython issue 16284 (bug #32; memory leak in thread and process pools)
- CPython issue 11777 (bug #28; map() doesn't start tasks until generator is used)
- CPython issue 15015 (accessing a nonexistent attribute)
- CPython issue 20367 (behavior of concurrent.futures.as_completed() for duplicate arguments)
- backport specific bug #20 (map() is greedy; fixed in 3.0.1)
Many apologies for the unreasonable delays in getting these fixed!
There are still some major issues with ProcessPoolExecutor, but the upstream code in Python 3.3+ now uses Python 3 specific features and I'm not brave enough to try and backport that. I'm not sure it's even possible. So if you need reliable process pools, you're going to have to switch to Python 3 :)
New comments are not allowed.